Many hugely successful businesses such as Google, Facebook, Airbnb, Spotify, Intel, LinkedIn, Amazon, Dropbox, Eventbrite, Microsoft, Netflix, Salesforce, Slack, Twitter, Uber and Yahoo all launched OKRs in their early days to accelerate growth. Each of these has grown immensely over the past decade. However, they all started somewhere and were much smaller than they are now.
We find that those who benefit the most from using the 1-3-5® planning methodology are businesses that want to accelerate growth, achieve their desired results faster and wish to maintain effective communication as they grow at such a significant pace. Overall, we've noticed they have the following common characteristics:
- They have a Leadership/Management Team of 15 people or more.
- They have at least 50 people in the business overall.
- They have an annual turnover of approximately £10 million or more.
- They are very ambitious and want to build a profitable business that adds value to their customers and clients.
- They highly value their people and realise that having a more effective team would deliver improved business results.